Saturday, 22 April 2017

A Day in the Life of a Tokyngton Ward Resident on Event Days

This was sent to all three Tokyngton Ward Councillors, Cllr Muhammed Butt (also Leader of Brent Council), Cllr Ketan Sheth, Cllr Orleen Hylton prior to 23rd March Planning Committee:

"Dear Councillors Muhammed, Orleen and Sam [he means Ketan]

Below is a plea to Preston Ward councillors which I totally agree. These concerns below apply to residents in the Tokington ward even more, being nearer the stadium.

A few weeks ago there were two events in one week, one involving [the same venue user]. After each event I cleared from my front garden, front wall, hedge and pavement alongside my property a bag of rubbish on each event containing cans, bottles,plastic drinking cups, half eaten sandwiches, half eaten kebab, food and cigarette boxes. Also left on the corner of my property was a large plastic bag half filled with empty beer cans. On each occasion having cleared up this rubbish the bags were left in the gutter for the council to clear up a day later. I also had two drinkers sitting on my front wall drinking... I was not prepared to confront them and ask them to move... especially after spending time in the pub before matches, they can be very aggressive.

Wembley stadium was never intended to be used as the home venue for a football club, even on a temporary basis. Ten years ago Brent Council refused to contemplate [a different] Football Club from using Wembley as a home venue when it was suggested and I don't see what has changed to make the council change their position concerning [this] application. The fact that [our National Wembley Stadium venue user] flatly refused the suggestion that the limit should be to the capacity of their new stadium shows... utter contempt for the concerns of the residents living around the stadium.

I hope you support the concerns of the residents in your ward concerning this application to remove the cap on the 31 extra events.

With Kind Regards...
I wholeheartedly support the plea to Preston Ward councillors below"

Our Call for HELP to Preston Ward Cllrs on Extra Uncapped Event Days

No comments:

Post a Comment