"The submissions from Cllrs Butt and Ketan Sheth [Tokyngton Ward Cllrs] were considered as part of the background information relating to the application. For the purposes of the minutes, it is sufficient to refer to their receipt and the contents brought to the attention of Planning Committee members. By reading them out the contents were also brought to the attention of the members of the public also present at the meeting."
Head of Planning, Transport and Licensing Alice Lester 21/7/2017:
"RE: Wembley Stadium Planning Applicaiton
Wembley Champions 13/7/2017:
"Please can you advise why our Leader of Brent Council's comments and Cllr Ketan Sheth's comments, which you read out at planning committee on 23rd March 2017, have not been included in full or summarised text form in our Council's minutes for planning application 17/0368.
To be clear why do the aforementioned minutes only state:
"Alice Lester (Head of Planning) read out in full, the written statements submitted by Councillors Butt and Ketan Sheth (ward members)."
As opposed to being printed in full or in summary (as per Brent resident and business representative speeches)
We understand that both Cllrs are Tokyngton Ward Councillors as stated on our Council website and in the minutes."
Cllr Muhammed Butt 12/7/2017:
Wembley Champions 12/7/2017:
"Further to earlier email, writing to you as leader according to your advice, please advise:
1) why you as leader of Brent Council advise us to write to you directly about what is a planning application (which being a planning application is quasi-judicial)?
2) when and why the following planning description was changed on our Council website (i.e. why was this planning description changed by our Council for planning application 17/0368):
It appears from a resident perspective that our Council has "changed critical evidence" to quote another resident.
As mentioned previously our Council's planning software database may have the answer to this.
We will write again to the Head of planning about the minutes of the planning committee meeting on 23rd March still not displaying your and Cllr Ketan Sheth's printed comments, alongside resident and ward Cllr comments."
Cllr Muhammed Butt 7/7/2017: "I acknowledge receipt of your enquiry that you have submitted on 7 July 2017.
Wembley Champions 7/7/2017:
Having written to Cllr Shama, as below, on 28th June and 6th July, and in waiting for Cllr Shama's reply, we understand the fixtures timetable is likely to be revised in the next day or two.
Please can you, as our Council Leader, confirm if our Council officers and Cllrs have discussed the below with the Stadium Venue User, or other relevant persons, for the 2017 to 2018 football season?
We note the first extra Event Day of the footy season will start just a few weeks away on 5th August.
Please can you confirm which dates during this footy season the Wembley Stadium Residents Advisory Committee (with all key stakeholders including the police) plan to meet with residents?
Their last communication with Michael Calderbank (that we are aware of) mentioned that they were hopeful of meeting but did not confirm this (can forward on to you if it helps).
- Will the first meeting be before the 5th August? If so, please may residents, who may wish to attend, have the details, so as to be able to plan to attend. As previously mentioned, [Denise Cheong] will not be able to attend any meetings, but Wembley Champions will continue to support the community as best we can.
What are the contact details of the Stadium Venue user's Community Liason representative?
When will they be making contact with residents and businesses?
Thank you again for taking the time to meet with us and the rest of the Task Force on 11th April and also for the offer of a further meeting on 26th June. Apologies again that we were not able to meet in June.
We hope to hear from you or relevant Cllrs or Council officers shortly. This is to provide some reassurance to residents and businesses that our Council is acting out of duty of care for residents and businesses with the utmost, in the case of this planning application 17/0368, event management to safeguard quality of life.
Brent Council 17th March 2017:
Brent Council 17/3/2017 This is the attached letter:
You will recently have received two separate pieces of information about the planning application submitted by Wembley National Stadium Limited to vary the cap which restricts the number of major events held at Wembley Stadium. We wrote to you because you commented on the application, and we now want to let you know about the next steps in the process.The first communication, sent on 16th March 2017 by either email or letter was a repeat of an earlier consultation letter giving you 21 days to comment, rather than the committee notification letter. I do apologise for this and would like to reiterate that the consultation period has now closed
– please disregard this communication.
The second communication stated that the Planning Committee will meet to consider the application on Thursday 23rd March 2017 is correct, however, the meeting will COMMENCE AT 6.30pm – not the usual Committee starting time of 7pm, as stated as the default time, in the communication sent on 17th March 2017.
Please treat this as the correct information:
That the above application 17/0368 will be heard at Planning Committee on Thursday 23rd March 2017 and the meeting will start at 18:30 / 6:30pm at Brent Civic Centre.
Please accept our apologies for any confusion this may have caused.
This was the original consultation letter: